Paleo, GAPS, Grain free, gluten free.
A delicious slow cooker roast lamb recipe. Make enough so you have plenty of leftovers to eat up throughout the week.
Trying to do GAPS, Paleo, or grain-free, requires a fair amount of cooking so if I make a roast on the weekend I make it as BIG as I can. That way I can use all the leftovers again and again in the week.
Does anyone else know what bubble and squeak is?
It’s just leftover roast meat and veggies fried up in a pan with butter, salt and a bit of leftover gravy. It’s one of our favourite meals, and my kids love to find it all warm and yummy in their lunchbox’ thermos. That’s if my hubby hasn’t fried it all up and eaten all it’s deliciousness for breakfast 😉
Anyway, we just had pretty busy weekend with a child’s birthday, visiting parents and a first visit from the tooth fairy for another daughter. I wasn’t in the mood to watch a roast or deal with all the dishes afterwards. So I chucked the Sunday roast in the slow cooker instead and voila: yummy dinner to feed 7 in one pot.
Oh and my top tip for bubble and squeak? Make sure you have loads of leftover carrot or even-better: pumpkin – it tastes incredible fried up in organic butter with leftover roast lamb.
Slow Cooker Roast Lamb
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 kg lamb leg
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely zested lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup homemade beef stock I cheated and used chicken stock this week
- Mix olive oil, garlic, herbs, lemon juice and rind in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in frying pan and brown lamb on all sides til nice and crispy. Remove from pan.
- Cover topside of lamb with herb mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 a teaspoon of your Himalayan salt.
- Add beef stock and slow cook on slow for 8 hours or high for 5 1/2 hours. Taste pan juice and add any extra salt if needed. Serve roast with a little pan juice.