Grain free, gluten free, paleo.
Pork Sage and Lemon Meatballs – “I think these need to be on the menu every week,” said my husband. The kids agreed and my eldest daughter ate three whole platefuls at dinner – yep our family loves these meatballs!
The trick is to use a mix of pork and veal mince. The texture is much softer than beef and you get a melt in your mouth meatball that everyone will be asking you the recipe for.
Plus, these are so quick to prepare. I put the youngest two kids in the bath and my eldest daughter and I rolled meatballs together for a whole 8 minutes – and the tray was done.
Serve with a mix of steamed vegetables and you’ll have a quick dinner that satisfies like pasta – but without all the inflammatory gluten.
Pork Sage and Lemon Meatballs
- 500 g pork mince
- 500 g veal mince
- 2 free range eggs beaten
- 50 g about 3 tablespoons
- tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 5 fresh sage leaves finely chopped (optional)
- grated zest of one small lemon optional
- 2 375g jars organic pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except pasta sauce.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Roll meatballs into size - just smaller than a golf-ball - and lay in large baking dish.
- Pour over organic pasta sauce.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until no longer pink inside.
- Serve with a big heap of steamed veggies and top with a little parmesan cheese.