Nut free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy free.
My kids were really happy to have buttered slices of my paleo honey bread in their lunchboxes today. It’s NUT-FREE, easy to make and suitable for gluten-free or grain-free kiddies. It was also very yummy toasted and smothered in butter and avocado for my breakfast this morning :-).
You would never know it’s made with coconut flour! It’s funny, I used to hate coconut flour recipes! So many I made were duds! But after twelve months of experimenting I’ve finally fallen in love with this ingredient – and its kinda loving me back 😉
The “flaxmeal” in it gives it a kind of “wholewheat” texture. I just whizzed my flaxseeds in a food processor to create my “flaxmeal” but you might be able to find pre-ground flaxmeal at your health food store.
Paleo Honey Bread
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds whizzed into flaxseed meal OR 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Grind flaxseeds in food processor.
- Add flaxmeal to rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into small baking-paper lined loaf tin.
- Cook for 45 minutes until golden.
- Test by poking with a skewer. If it comes out clean: your honey bread is done.