Grain free, gluten free, nut free.
These Mini Thai Lunchbox Meatballs are super-fast to make and my kids love having them in their lunchbox.
They’re a staple for me because I can make a big batch in 10 minutes while the kids eat their breakfast. The secret? Use a mini-muffin tin to shape them instead of hand-rolling the meatballs … and suddenly this becomes a fast recipe.
Today we made these gorgeous Thai flavoured meatballs – but you can also make your favourite meatball recipe this way.
While they were in the oven for 10 minutes – the kids and I went out to pick some beautiful autumn leaves from our baby liquid-amber tree. It looked so beautiful here in the morning sunshine.
The kids went off to school calm and happy – chuffed with their lunchboxes and packing a few special autumn leaves for their kindy nature tables.
Mini Thai Lunchbox Meatballs
- 500 g pork or chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 free-range egg beaten
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed or powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- Mix all together and spoon into a mini muffin tray.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes.