Grain free, gluten free.
This Heaven-in-a-bowl Paleo Granola is like muesli but OMG yummy and not a grain in sight. My kids love it. My husband devours it. Serve with coconut milk, yoghurt or almond milk for morning happiness and nutrition.
I love it so much I made a double batch – so I have 4 trays worth of easy breakfast heaven for the month.
Heaven-in-a-bowl Paleo Granola
- 2 cups nuts like almonds, macadamias and hazelnuts
- 1 cup almond or hazelnut meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit I used organic cranberries and sultanas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla essence
- Blend nuts in food processor until half crushed so you have some nut flour and some chunky bigger pieces.
- Mix in a bowl with other ingredients.
- Spread onto baking paper-lined oven trays and toast in oven for 10-15 minutes until just lightly brown.
- Cool and store in jars in the pantry.
- Serve in small bowls with coconut milk, yoghurt, almond milk or dairy.