Grain-free, nut free.
Wow! We had the most beautiful summer thunderstorm here last night. After days of brooding humidity the sky finally delivered some big fat raindrops, an incredible thunder show and some seriously crazy lighting – all right at sunset.
All pink clouds and rolling scary skies mixed together. I should have tried to snap some lightning for you but I was too bewitched by nature’s show to look through my camera lens too long. I even got out the yoga mat and stretched in the warm rain – bliss!
Luckily, earlier in the day I did some baking so I’ve got a new recipe to show you and the kids have something yummy for their lunchboxes today – gluten free pizza scones!
If you have a lunchbox without a sandwich the hardest part can be providing a bread-ish substitute and including enough savoury snacks in their bags. These are really easy – and made with coconut flour, eggs and butter so packed with nutrition.
I just split them, butter them and add them to the lunchbox but I’ve also packed them with ham and salad and they got gobbled up.
I hope you like them as much as my family does. xx
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup grated cheese optional but tasty
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g sliced salami sliced into small pieces
- 1 medium ripe tomato diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of water
- olives and fresh basil optional
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place large scoops of mixture onto tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just golden.