Paleo, grain free, gluten free, nut free.
Easy Zucchini fritters – Easy to make and easy to hide a good dose of veggies in. A great savoury snack that’s full of protein and veggies – and has only 5 main ingredients. Brilliant.
I also think little coconut flour pancakes like this are great for when you’re trying to reduce or eliminate bread from your kids diet. They taste like a carb hit – but they’re not.
I made a heap of these zucchini fritters for the kids and then made a few “grown-up” ones with some fresh chopped mint leaves from the garden and some coarsely chopped haloumi cheese. Fried them up and had my own gourmet lunch sorted too. Delicious! xx
Easy Zucchini Fritters
- 2 large zucchini grated
- 1 T coconut flour
- 3 free range eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon real salt sea salt or Himalayan
- 1/3 cup grated cheese optional
- Lots of butter or coconut oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Gently warm frying pan on low heat and melt butter.
- Dollop small spoonfuls onto pan and fry until golden.
- Keep the mixture a little runny and the fritters thin - they seem to fry best this way.