Paleo, grain-free, nut-free.
Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Scones – Is there anything better than a sunny afternoon with scones and tea?
It’s supposed to be winter here but we’ve had four days of supreme sunshine. Those incredible blue-sky type days where you can’t spot a cloud and you keep pinching yourself and asking “Is this weather real?”
In fact, I’ve just come in from lying on our trampoline in the sun with my little girl Eve. We bounced, we read a story, we cuddled… and then we had a mini-picnic on there with a few of these buttery scones.
If you’re family is gluten-free, eating paleo or reducing grain then these are an awesome fast treat that taste just like buttery wheat scones.
We’ve had them with soup, I’ve packed them in lunchboxes and my husband just came into the kitchen and stole one to take back to his office for afternoon tea.
Hope you like this recipe as much as I do. xx
Cheese and Sundried Tomato Scones
- 6 small eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 7 sundried tomatoes in oil chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Dough should be very soft and light.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto a baking paper-lined tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just golden brown.
- Cool and serve with butter.