I’ve tried a few banana bread recipes and this is the best. It tastes as good as an old wheat-flour version. Really. Your kids and your husband won’t know it’s gluten free.
Plus it’s nut-free so suitable for the lunchbox. Not sure if mine will make it there.. we just scoffed half of it warm standing at the kitchen bench.
This would make a great grain-free breakfast with a smoothie. Serve warm with butter, ricotta, or even peanut butter.
Banana-rama Paleo Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 free range eggs
- 5 fresh pitted medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons aluminium-free baking powder
- 20 g or 1/4 cup chia seed
- Blend all ingredients (except chia seed) in a food processor.
- Add chia seed and wait ten minutes for it to expand.
- Pour in baking paper-lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 150C for 50-60 minutes.