Baked “crumbed” chicken drumsticks… Delicious! My husband was so happy he came home for lunch as I pulled these out the oven. They were delicious warm – and the kids loved them cold the next day. In fact, there was cheering in our house over these drumsticks.
Proving you don’t need to go back to pasta for easy, cheap, tasty family meals. You just need some ripper recipes and a desire to make your family healthier.
Serve with loads of veggies or a mega salad and you have a nutrient dense meal.
Baked "Crumbed" Chicken Drumsticks
- 7 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup natural yoghurt or 2 x beaten eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 t garlic powder this is dehydrated, powdered garlic in the spice section
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 T dried herbs I used mixed Italian
- 2 T melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put yoghurt (or beaten eggs) into one large mixing bowl.
- In another large mixing bowl, place almond meal, salt, spices and herbs inside. Add more or less spices as you need.
- Now quickly roll drumsticks in yoghurt, then roll in almond-spice-crumb and place onto baking tray.
- Give drumsticks a quick brush with melted butter and place in oven until golden, crunchy and cooked inside (about an hour).
- Don't turn them - you want them crunchy on top.